It’s that time of year again, time to make resolutions most of us will end up not sticking to. I am no different, last year I made a lot of resolutions, some I shared and some that I didn’t, last year I made them in a rush and didn’t take the time to make them measurable or to make them realistic. I made over 20 large-scale goals last year, I must have been either on a mental vacation or in total boss babe mode because that was never going to be unattainable.
Note that I said goals, I don’t believe in typical resolutions because it is generally not normal to just stick to or quit something out of the gate. It takes time! So my resolutions are goals that I am working my way towards.
I want to do better this year, and so my goals are going to be a little different. I am going to be more realistic with my goals and set a plan to achieve them with measurable steps. It is so satisfying to check off goals you’ve accomplished. This past year was beautiful, but it was also crazy. Trying to achieve everything on top of being a more than full-time college student as well as working part-time is a lot making a lot of my previous resolutions incredibly unrealistic.
I didn’t take the time to check in weekly or at the very least monthly on my goals like I wanted. So in 2019, I will check in weekly and then post a monthly wrap up to share my progress on my goals and to share my favorites of that month.
I did end up making a few too many goals this year, but they actually seem more achievable to me this year. To keep them organized I have them divided up by category.
Health & Fitness
- Get at least 6.5 hours of sleep nightly
- Drink 100 ounces of water a day
- Work out 4 days a week
- Work towards eating more of a paleo based diet
- Journal weekly
- Be more appreciative
- Stop cussing
- Find a regular place to volunteer
- Read 10 books
- Meet new friends
Blog & Social Media
- Stick to posting schedule (M, W, F)
- Build an Instagram presence
- Build page views back up to 1000 a month
- Gain 500 followers on blog and Instagram
- Plan out my day (gonna be a boss babe year)
- Earn all A’s (fewer hours should hopefully make this easier
- Stick to a $40 weekly budget
- Save $400 a month (this is huge for me considering I’m a college student)
Those are my goals for this year and I’m already taking steps to make these possible. I would love for you to share your resolutions with me so that we can keep each other on track! Happy New Year’s!
Instagram // Bloglovin