It’s that time of year again! I am not one of those people that only makes New Years goals and then forgets about them. I am an extremely goal oriented person, maybe even to a fault, and so I have goals for each month and even things I want to accomplish each day. I will admit though that I am human and there are some days where I simply want to lay on the couch all day. So if you are currently lounging on a couch, I don’t blame you one bit.
Heck, who said you can’t accomplish your goals from the couch. One of my New Year’s goals is to read at least on book a month. Goals are so incredibly important because they give direction to your life and help you to achieve the life people dream about. This is because having goals and writing them down points your attention to the areas that need it. I recently listened to a Dave Ramsey podcast episode about setting goals for 2020 and he recommended goals be broken down into 7 Areas of Life for Smart Living. These areas include financial goals, spiritual goals, fitness goals, educational goals, family goals, career goals, and social goals. All of these goals should also be specific, measurable, time-sensitive, put into writing, and most importantly your own!
There was a time in high school where I would hear what my friends goals were for the new year or even some of my favorite youtubers goals. The thing is, while some of the goals were certainly achievable, they just had little importance to me as I simply wanted to see if I could do what they were doing. I now try my best to develop my New Years goals based on where I felt I could improve myself from the past year and what my future goals are.
So without future rambling on about why I believe goal setting is important and effectiveness of Dave Ramsey’s teachings, here are my goals for the new year:
- Graduate from college with honors
- Read at minimum, one book a month (textbooks do not count)
- Use and review budget spreadsheet each week
- Save 15k for a downpayment on a house
- Have a date night with my fiance once a week
- Take our dog Bear for a walk 5x a week
- Complete a year long bible study designed to read the whole Bible in a year
- Workout 5x a week
- Begin meditating for just 5 minutes a day each morning
- Be accepted into a dietetic internship/ graduate program
- Find and train 5 new consultants for Arbonne
- Make at least 1 new close friend
- Contact old friends from high school to see how they are doing
Alright guys, those are my goals for 2020. Feel free to laugh or take ideas from them as you’d like and if you would like to check out my goals from last year, you can simply click here. I really love learning what other people’s goals are so please feel free to share down below! I hope you had a wonderful New Year’s and holiday season and can’t wait to see what this year hold for all of us!
Have a lovely day!
~ Madison Eran ~